This decadent chocolate truffle cake recipe is made with melted chocolate and whipped cream creating a mousse like cake. It has added texture and crunch with a simple biscuit base. This cake keeps for 3-4 days but must be stored in the refrigerator.
Makes 10 - 12 slices
Line the bottom of a 25cm (10inch) springform cake tin, by removing the base place a sheet of aluminum foil over the base then lightly grease and place a piece of greaseproof paper cut to fit the base.
Replace the sides of the tin back making sure that the aluminum foil is protruding out from the base of the tin.
1. Place the biscuits, cocoa powder and brown sugar in a food processor and crush until fine.
2. While the food processor is still working add the melted butter and mix until combined.
3. Evenly press the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin's base.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the tin's side from the base and place the base, with the biscuit base on a wire rack to cool.
6. When the base has cooled reassemble the tin.
1. Melt the chocolates together and let stand until the mixture has cooled to a tepid temperature. It should still be liquid.
2. Place the container with the cream into a bowl of hot water - this is just to warm the cream a little and remove the refrigerator cold from it.
3. Whisk the cream with the brandy or vanilla until it is thick enough to leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted. Be careful not to over whip the cream.
4. Mix a spoonfull of the cream into the tepid chocolate then quickly fold in the chocolate into the rest of the cream using a metal spoon.
5. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the top.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Remove the cake from the tin 30 minutes before serving.
8. Just before serving dust with a fine layer of cocoa powder and decorate with chocolate curves.
If you want Chocolate Truffle Cake, Order Online: https://www.deskanus.com/chocolate-truffle-cake.html
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2019 www.deskanus.com. All Right Reserved